A new study away opportunity for student-athletes will be offered this year as a Maymester course in Los Angeles. The course, Networking and the Art of the Pitch, was developed by Rachel Dubrofsky, chair of communication and rhetorical studies (CRS)…
2021-22 Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days Operating Schedule
The University will be operating under its Orange Appreciation Days format for the Winter Break period beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021, through Friday, Dec. 31, 2021, resuming normal building occupancy schedules on Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
During the Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days period:
- All academic and administrative buildings will be locked or closed.
- Building temperatures will be lowered to 60 degrees unless prior arrangements have been made.
Building Access Requests:
If you require your building to be open over the Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days period, please submit a request to your building coordinator, noting the specific dates and times.
All requests should be made by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021.
Note: Building access already in place for faculty and staff will be maintained, per usual, by swiping your SU I.D. card, even when buildings are locked.
Adjustments to Temperature and Lighting Requests:
Deans, directors and department heads may submit a detailed request for adjustments to temperature and lighting during the Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days period. Please review the University’s temperature guidelines. Requests must be made using the online form by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021. Requests will be reviewed and approved by either the vice president and chief facilities officer or the provost.
Important: Buildings Not Included in Winter Break Reduced Occupancy Schedule
The following buildings will be excluded from the temperature setback, and will remain on normal access, temperature and lighting settings:
- Bird Library—Operating hours are listed on the Libraries website
- Bowne Hall-Fourth Floor
- Carmelo K. Anthony Basketball Center
- Center for Science and Technology
- Crouse-Hinds Hall
- Ensley Athletic Center
- Heroy Geology Laboratory
- Life Sciences Complex
- Link Hall
- Lyman Hall-Fourth Floor
- Manley Field House
- Physics Building
- Sims Hall-Department of Public Safety
- South Campus Library Facility
- Tennity Ice Pavilion
Additional information regarding Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days resources and services available may be found at the following links:
- University services available during Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days
- Human Resources Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days information
- Orange Appreciation Days Frequently Asked Questions
- Sustainability Management website
Questions regarding building occupancy can be directed to Energy Systems and Sustainability Management at 315.443.1535 or email@example.com.