Submitting News and Events
Do you have a news tip, story idea or know a person we should profile on Syracuse University News? Send an email to email@example.com or call us at 315.443.3784.
For calendar listings, all events must be sponsored by a recognized Syracuse University organization, group, office or department.
Submissions must be made by a faculty or staff member, undergraduate or graduate student.
Events must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of the event start date and time. Submissions made after this time are not guaranteed to be included.
The Office of News Services reserves the right to modify, reject, or remove any event.
- To submit an announcement, use the announcements submission form.
- To post an event to the SU Events Calendar, use the submission form. Descriptions may be edited for length.
- For Faculty/Staff Newsmakers or Student News, email Roxanna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To submit media placements to be included in SU in the News, email Roxanna Carpenter at email@example.com.
- To suggest a featured video, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to someone about promoting a particular project (communications strategy, developing a news story, approaching media outlets, etc.), refer to the Communications Contacts page for a University-wide directory of communications officers, or contact the Office of News Services at 315.443.3784.