The success continues for Syracuse University student-athletes in the classroom. For the third year, Syracuse University Athletics ranks in the top five among Power 5 schools’ Graduation Success Rate (GSR) scores. Syracuse’s 94% GSR is tied for the fifth highest…
Faculty and Staff: Join Your Colleagues for Food, Fitness and Fun at the Syracuse WorkForce Run/Walk/Roll
At the 2022 Syracuse WorkForce Run/Walk/Roll (formerly the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge), Syracuse University held the distinction of being the largest employer represented among dozens of local companies participating in the annual tradition.
Next month, University faculty and staff members will have the opportunity to reclaim that title and enjoy an evening of camaraderie, networking, food, fun and movement. Participants of all abilities and fitness levels are encouraged to join the Syracuse University team, captained for the second year by J. Cole Smith, dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
“Last year, Team Syracuse University was over 100 people deep. We enjoyed some beautiful weather and had a blast hanging out with coworkers from across the University before and after the race,” says Smith, pictured at right accepting the award for Largest Company Team. “Whether you’re an avid runner looking for a personal best time or just want to take a leisurely walk on the course with colleagues, I encourage you to join our team!”
New this year, everyone’s favorite mascot, Otto, will also be there to cheer on the Syracuse team—so if you’ve ever wanted to give them a high-five as you cross the finish line, here is your chance!
Interested? Here’s What You Need to Know
- This year’s race begins at 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, at Onondaga Lake Parkway in Liverpool.
- The distance is 5K (3.1 miles) and a map of the course is available here [PDF].
- A Microsoft Teams group has been created for participants to stay up-to-date on the event and connect with other participants.
- There is a $39 registration fee, half of which is paid by the University. Participants will need to make a $19.50 credit card payment when they sign up.
- The deadline to register is Friday, May 19.
- The registration fee includes a Syracuse University team T-shirt to wear during the event, an official race T-shirt and a complimentary buffet-style dinner (vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available).
- Packet and T-shirt pickup will be held on campus the day of the event.
- Parking is available at NBT Bank Stadium and complimentary shuttle bus service is provided. Detailed parking information and answers to frequently asked questions are available on the Syracuse WorkForce Run website.
The Syracuse WorkForce Run is for eligible employees of the University; however friends and family are welcome to join by registering as an individual participant, paying the full race fee of $39 and picking up their own race packet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the event. We hope to see you there!