Macy’s is downsizing. The legacy retail company announced plans to close 150 stores over the next several years to focus on its more successful stores and ventures. According to reports, the department store chain has not disclosed exact locations that…
Featured Media Coverage – Week of Nov. 6
Syracuse University thought leaders, events and research news were showcased in the following news outlets this month:
- Gretchen Purser, associate professor of sociology in the Maxwell School, was quoted in the BBC article “Why so many healthcare workers are walking off the job.”
- Jane Burrell, associate teaching professor at Falk College, was interviewed for the Bored Panda story “Guy calls out vegan sister for ‘forcing an entire family to adopt her choices’, Internet is split.”
- Nina Kohn, David M. Levy Professor of Law and Faculty Director of Online Education in the College of Law, shared her expertise in the USA Today piece “Tuohy family paid Michael Oher $138,000 from proceeds of ‘The Blind Side’ movie, filing shows.”
- Merril Silverstein, professor of sociology in the Maxwell School, was quoted in The New York Times article “One of the Touchiest Housing Decisions: Do We Stay or Do We Go?“
- Matthew Huber, professor of geography and the environment in the Maxwell School, was quoted in the El País article “US autoworkers notch up victory with big wage gains after historic strike.”
- Gregory Germain, Professor of Law and Director of Bankruptcy Clinic in the College of Law, provided expert commentary for the Moneygeek articles “Best Secured Credit Cards in August 2023” and “Managing Your Money: Strategies to Consolidate Multiple Debts.” He was also quoted in this Salon article.
- Researchers at the D’Aniello Institute for Veterans and Military Families co-wrote The Ripon Forum piece “Beyond the Uniform: Veterans Shaping Civic and Political Landscapes.”
- Shelley Kohan, retail expert and instructor in the Whitman School, was quoted in articles that ran in The Star News Today , AARP and Local Now.
- Jennifer Grygiel, associate professor of communications in the Newhouse School, was interviewed for Slate article “The Campaign Merch from Hell.”
- Barb Carson, Managing Director of Programs and Services at the D’Aniello Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF), was interviewed for Comcast Newsmakers.
- Farhana Sultana, professor in the Maxwell School, co-wrote The Guardian opinion article “In 2023, we’ve seen climate destruction in real time, yet rich countries are poised to do little at Cop28.”
- Robert Thompson, Trustee Professor of television, radio and film and director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture in the Newhouse School, was quoted in several outlets recently including The Washington Post, KCBS Radio, WWJ Radio and KRLD Radio.
- Anthony D’Angelo, professor of public relations in the Newhouse School, was interviewed for the Inc. piece “What Business Leaders Struggling to Respond Publicly to the Israel-Hamas Conflict Should Say.”
- Patrick Penfield, Professor of Practice and Supply Chain Management and Director of Executive Education in the Whitman School, was interviewed by CNY Central and WRVO-FM.
- William C. Banks, Syracuse University College of Law Board of Advisors Distinguished Professor and Emeritus Professor in the College of Law, was interviewed by The Public’s Radio.
To get in touch and learn more about Syracuse University faculty members available for interviews, please contact email@example.com.