Three Syracuse University students have been selected as recipients of the Voyager Scholarship: the Obama-Chesky Scholarship for Public Service, a new award for juniors committed to public service funded by the Obama Foundation. The recipients are: Ka’ai Imaikalani I ’24…
Academic Strategic Plan Engagement and Feedback Opportunities: Week of Sept. 19
Have you participated in an Academic Strategic Plan Campus Conversation yet? Taken a survey? Submitted feedback on the website? If not, this is the week to do it!
There are several opportunities for you to be a part of the academic strategic planning process this week. Below are just a few ways to get involved.
Watch the Academic Strategic Plan Launch Forum
More than 550 members of the campus community participated, in person and via Zoom, in the Academic Strategic Plan Launch Forum, held in K.G. Tan Auditorium in the National Veterans Resource Center at the Daniel and Gayle D’Aniello Building. If you missed the launch forum, you can watch the recording to learn what you missed.
Play Back Recent Campus Conversations
Three working groups hosted their first of two Campus Conversations. More than 225 community members participated. If you were unable to join, don’t worry—they’re all recorded and you can play them back at the below links.
- Research and Creative Excellence Campus Conversation, co-hosted by Duncan Brown, vice president for research, and Vivian May, director of the Humanities Center, and professor of women and gender studies, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Public Impact Campus Conversation, co-hosted by Christy Ashby, director of the Center for Disability and Inclusion, and professor of inclusive special education, School of Education, and Sean O’Keefe, University Professor, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
- Educational Excellence and Student Success Conversation, co-hosted by Lois Agnew, interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and Kira Reed, associate professor of management, Whitman School.
Take a Survey!
The members of the working groups want your input. The Research and Creative Excellence, Educational Excellence and Student Success, and Public Impact working groups all have surveys prepared and encourage you to submit your responses at your earliest convenience. Your input will help inform the recommendations in their respective reports.
- Research and Creative Excellence Survey
- Educational Excellence and Student Success Survey
- Public Impact Survey
Submit Feedback on the Website
If you have feedback that doesn’t necessarily fit into one of the three above-mentioned working group surveys, feel free to submit your feedback on the website at any time. Reimagining and redefining Syracuse University’s Academic Strategic Plan will require the individual and collective commitment of our faculty, staff, students and other key constituencies, all of whom play a significant role in shaping the short- and long-term success of our institution. Submit your feedback here.
Mark Your Calendars!
There are three Campus Conversations scheduled for the week of Sept. 26. Mark your calendars today to be sure you can join.
Educational Excellence and Student Success Campus Forum II
Date: Monday, Sept. 26
Time: 10-11 a.m.
Add Sept. 26 Forum to Outlook Calendar [.ICS]
Join Sept. 26 Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 7659 7454