On Sept. 27, Chancellor Kent Syverud addressed University Senate at its first meeting of the Fall 2023 semester. His remarks were as follows: Thank you, Professor [Kira] Reed. It’s a pleasure to see so many of you in person. We’re…
DPS Community Review Board Application Period Extended to Friday, April 9
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
The application period for individuals interested in serving on the Syracuse University Public Safety Community Review Board (CRB) has been extended to Friday, April 9. Given the revised academic calendar and multiple demands on students, faculty and staff, we want to ensure that anyone who wants to apply has the opportunity to do so.
The CRB, which will be made up of 11 community members, will review appeals of civilian complaints regarding Department of Public Safety (DPS) officer conduct; review and comment on prospective new DPS policies, procedures and trainings; and review key community-facing functions of DPS and issue to the University community a public annual report of findings and recommendations.
How to Apply
All members of our campus community are invited to apply. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the application [PDF] and submit it to the specific individual designated for your constituent group:
- Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate representation will be selected by the Student Association (SA); please submit your application to Ryan Golden, vice president of SA.
- Graduate Students: One graduate student will be selected by the Graduate Student Organization (GSO); please submit your application to Mirjavad Hashemi, president of GSO.
- Law Students: One law student will be selected by the Student Bar Association (SBA); please submit your application to Ken Knight, executive president of SBA.
- Faculty: Faculty members will be selected by the University Senate; please submit your application to Andrew Saluti, chair of the Senate Administrative Operations Committee.
- Staff: Staff will be selected by the Office of Human Resources; please submit your application to Andrew Gordon, senior vice president and chief human resource officer.
- Administrators: Administrators will be selected by Chancellor Kent Syverud; please submit your application to Megan Travis, director for strategic initiatives, Chancellor’s Office.
We urge you to take a moment to consider whether you’d like to be a part of this important work. If so, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost
Andrew R. Gordon
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
Robert D. Hradsky, Ed.D.
Vice President of the Student Experience