Dear Students: In anticipation of potentially receiving more vaccine in the coming days, the Barnes Center at The Arch is reopening the pre-registration form for those interested in receiving the vaccine on campus. Please complete the form to indicate your…
Enjoy a Variety of Wellness Day Activities on March 23
With the first of two Wellness Days scheduled for Tuesday, March 23, campus community members are encouraged to participate in a host of activities aimed to promote health, well-being and self-care. Activities span fitness classes to workshops to self-care kits.
All events will follow public health guidance, and students are reminded to adhere to their commitment to the Stay Safe Pledge.
For the full schedule of events, visit the University Events Calendar.
Check out the list below for a sampling of the activities:
- The Barnes Center at The Arch has a schedule of fitness classes available on Tuesday. Register in the Wellness Portal (registration opens six hours before each class).
- If you have ever considered joining the pet therapy team at the Barnes Center, participate in an information session with Pet Partners of CNY.
- As part of the Winter Carnival celebration, the Office of Student Activities and Traditions Commission are hosting a panel discussion with the Homecoming Court and de-stress paint night. (Students Only)
- Visit Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion to participate in sled hockey, curling or skating lessons.
- Reserve a spot at the Crowley Family MindSpa on the Wellness Portal.
- The Health Hub will pop-up at Flint and Day halls. Follow @BeWellSU day-of for the announced time.
- Take part in the Wellness Leadership Institute workshops. (Students Only)
- The University Lecture Series welcomes Nyle DiMarco as its final speaker for the spring semester.
- Hendricks Chapel and the chaplaincies will offer such activities as service projects, crafts and Ultimate Frisbee.
- Syracuse University Libraries has compiled a Wellness Guide, outlining University and local resources for health, well-being and personal care for mind and body.
Practice self-guided mindfulness and meditation techniques through your free access to the number one mobile app for stress, anxiety and depression management, Sanvello.
- The Wellness Initiative is also sponsoring Wellness Days Events for faculty and staff. These activities are in addition to the resources that are offered throughout the year.
In January, Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost John Liu announced two Wellness Days in the Spring 2021 semester for all main campus courses (whether in-person, hybrid or online) to support the well-being of the community. On Tuesday, March 23, and Wednesday, April 21, no classes will be held, no class work will be due and no exams will be administered. Rehearsals, music recitals, productions, filming or other hands-on activities may still take place.