“Lesson Study with Mathematics and Science Preservice Teachers: Finding the Form” (Routledge, 2023) is a new overview of the fundamentals of lesson study edited by School of Education Dean Kelly Chandler-Olcott, Professor Sharon Dotger and Jen Heckathorn G’22, director for…
Spring 2021: Barnes Center at The Arch Services and Hours; Virtual Recreation Jan. 30–Feb. 4
As the Spring 2021 semester begins, the Barnes Center at The Arch announces hours, services and more surrounding holistic health and well-being. Visit the Stay Safe: Barnes Center at The Arch webpage for information surrounding how to access services, resources and the actions taken in support of cleaning procedures and healthy habits. Access the latest health and wellness information by following @BeWellSU on Instagram and Facebook.
Recreation programs and services are available by Wellness Portal reservation. If this is your first time using the Wellness Portal, please visit the Barnes Center at The Arch website for additional information and instruction.
From Saturday, Jan. 30, to Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021, Recreation Services will be virtual. Highlights include fitness classes, esports, Cuse Fit Chat and more. Effective Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, Barnes Center at The Arch Recreation and the Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion resources and programs will be open for in-person use. Effective Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021, the Graham Hall and Ernie Davis Hall Fitness Centers will be open for in-person use. Please visit the Facilities and Hours webpage for complete details.
Explore additional resources and programs on the Stay Safe: Barnes Center at The Arch webpage. Starting Monday, Feb. 8, 2021, Barnes Center at The Arch Health Promotion will be open in-person Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wellness Leadership Institute: The campus community is invited to join the Barnes Center in experiencing and sharing this health and wellness workshop series. Register on the Wellness Portal and learn more about the Wellness Leadership Institute today!
- Sanvello Mobile App (Stress, Anxiety and Depression Management): Campus community members have free premium access to the number one mobile app for stress, anxiety and depression management. Start using Sanvello today!
- Safer Sex Express: Safer Sex Express is a no cost, sexual health supply ordering service for Syracuse University students. Start placing orders on the Wellness Portal under “Health Supplies” starting Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021.
- Crowley Family MindSpa: Will be open for in-person use with a Wellness Portal reservation, Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Monday, Feb. 8, 2021.
- Virtual MindSpa: Focusing on reducing stress, increasing relaxation, meditation, mindfulness and more, join virtually and create your own MindSpa wherever you are!
Drop-in services are not available at this time. Please call 315.443.8000 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Effective Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021, Health Care appointments will expand to include Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday appointments are reserved for students who require COVID testing or are experiencing COVID like symptoms. All other needs please hold until Monday.
The Pharmacy offers a variety of flexible options for the campus community.
- Virtual Retail Pharmacy Orders: During hours of operation and by visiting the Wellness Portal (under “Health Supplies,” select “Pharmacy”), frequently purchased retail products are available to order for pick-up. Complete details are available on the Pharmacy webpage.
- Pharmacy Pick-up Window (Prescriptions, Virtual Retail Orders): Located outside of the Barnes Center facing Sims Drive, the Pharmacy Pick-up Window offers a convenient option to pick-up prescriptions and virtual retail orders. Until Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, the Pharmacy Pick-up Window will be open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Starting Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021, it will be open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. then Saturday and Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy and Retail Space: Available in-person or by calling 315.443.5691, the Pharmacy is open Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Effective Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021, the Pharmacy will be open Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. then Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Drop-in services are not available at this time. Please call 315.443.8000 to schedule an appointment. During this time, students may request a same day appointment. From Friday, Jan. 29, through Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, all services will be virtual and available Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Effective Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021, Counseling appointments will be available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Services will be virtual with a limited number of in-person appointments available.
COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing
Students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to call 315.443.8000 to schedule an appointment at the Barnes Center at The Arch. Visit the Stay Safe: Barnes Center at The Arch webpage for details surrounding testing, providing test results and more. Students who have been in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive or who has received a positive COVID-19 test result off-campus should call the COVID Project Management Office at 315.443.6180.
The Barnes Center at The Arch remains available to assist Syracuse University students experiencing a mental health crisis, seeking support for sexual assault or relationship violence, or needing medical consultation 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students can receive free confidential services by calling 315.443.8000. Please note, routine consultations should hold until the next business day.
For questions or to request accommodations, please call 315.443.8000 or email BarnesCenter@syr.edu. For the latest information on health and safety precautions and updates from the University, please visit syracuse.edu/StaySafe.