Seven new recruits were sworn into the Syracuse University campus peace officer academy today by Syracuse Police Chief Joe Cecile. Cecile performed the swearing in of the academy recruits as an official welcome and endorsement of the joint law enforcement…
Faculty and Staff Flu Vaccine Status Attestation Questionnaire Now Available
As communicated in our message on Oct. 1, all members of our community are expected to get an influenza vaccine. While the University is offering a vaccination clinic to all students, faculty and staff, we know many of you have been vaccinated, or are planning to do so, by another means. To show adherence with this expectation, a brief Flu Vaccine Status attestation questionnaire is now available. This questionnaire allows you to take the following action:
- Confirm you have been vaccinated against the flu at an off-campus location (i.e., doctor’s office, pharmacy).
- Claim an exemption from the flu immunization expectation for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief.
If you have yet to receive a flu vaccine for the 2020-21 season, there are several convenient ways to do so.
- Visit your primary care doctor: If you are a member of a Syracuse University health plan, you and your eligible dependents may obtain covered vaccines through your doctor’s office using your Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) ID card. The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone ages 6 months or older, and a high-dose vaccine may be available to individuals ages 65 years or older.
- Stop by a local pharmacy: For maximum flexibility, you may use either your OptumRx or your Excellus BCBS member ID card when receiving covered vaccines at a participating pharmacy for $0 copay.
- Attend a flu clinic at Syracuse University: On-campus vaccination appointments for faculty and staff remain available through at least the end of October, Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. You can make an appointment through the Wellness Initiative website at either the stadium or Skybarn. Please bring your Syracuse University I.D. card and wear a face mask or covering to your flu shot appointment. Temporary employees may show an alternate photo ID. Completion of the attestation form is not necessary for those who have been vaccinated at an on-campus flu clinic.
If you receive a flu vaccine from your doctor or pharmacist at a later date, please complete the Flu Vaccine Status attestation at your earliest convenience. As a reminder, to further safeguard the health of the campus community, COVID-19 testing is also available to and encouraged for our faculty and staff, Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the stadium.
We appreciate your continued support in keeping Syracuse University’s campus a safe and healthy place. If you have any questions, visit the Fall 2020 website or Wellness Initiative flu information website, or contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrew R. Gordon
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost