Dear Faculty and Staff: The resurgence of the COVID-19 virus around our country is intensifying on the heels of holiday travel and gatherings. Here in Onondaga County, we are experiencing rising infection rates and an uptick in hospitalizations. In response,…
Temporary Parking Access Available for Faculty and Staff COVID-19 Testing
Dear Faculty and Staff:
Several weeks ago, we announced that the University’s ongoing virus surveillance testing program would transition from repeated testing of all students to large-scale “freedom from disease” sampling of the residential campus population. Faculty epidemiologists from the Falk College have designed this freedom from disease sampling protocol to include the opportunity for faculty and staff to routinely access on-campus COVID-19 testing.
That said, we have heard from some of you that while you would like to take advantage of on-campus testing, the stadium can be challenging to access given the limited parking close by.
Accordingly, I’m writing to inform you that in response to this feedback, with the support of Parking and Transit Services in the Division of Business, Finance and Administrative Services, we will immediately implement a policy where faculty and staff will be issued a temporary access pass to the Quad Lot to get COVID-19 testing at the stadium. This pass will be issued to you directly by the Quad Lot parking attendant and allow you to park in the Quad Lot for 20 minutes while you are being tested.
As a reminder for those who plan to take advantage of on-campus COVID testing:
- Location: Access the testing site through Gate N, stay to the right upon entering the stadium and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Time: Testing is available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and only requires a few minutes of your time.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you.
- How Often Should You Be Tested: To support the freedom from disease sampling protocol, we encourage faculty and staff to be tested once every two weeks.
- Preparing for a COVID-19 Test: Please do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to arrival at the stadium.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and support of our public health initiatives. If you have any questions, please contact the COVID-19 Project Management Office at SUCOVID@syr.edu.
J. Michael Haynie
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation