Greek life organizations have a long history of incorporating philanthropic work into their missions. That certainly was the case this March, when 13 sororities of the Panhellenic Council at Syracuse University banded together to raise more than $5,700 for people…
2019-20 Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days Operating Schedule
The University will be operating under its Orange Appreciation Days format for the Winter Break period from 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, 2019, through Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
During the Holiday/Orange Appreciation Days period:
- All academic and administrative buildings will be locked or closed.
- Building temperatures will be lowered to 60 degrees, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Requests for Building Access:
If you require your building to be open over the Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days period, please submit a request to your building coordinator, noting the specific dates and times. Requests should be made by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18. (Note that faculty and staff will be able to access all buildings, as usual, by swiping their SU I.D. cards, even when the buildings are locked.)
Requests for Adjustments to Temperature and Lighting:
Deans, directors and department heads may submit a detailed request for adjustments to temperature and lighting during the Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days period. Please review the University’s temperature guidelines. We ask that requests be made using the online form by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 18. Requests will be reviewed and approved by either the vice president and chief facilities officer or the provost.
Important: Buildings Not Included in Winter Break Reduced Occupancy Schedule
The following buildings will be excluded from the temperature setback, and will remain on normal access, temperature and lighting settings:
- Heroy Geology Laboratory
- Bowne Hall–fourth floor
- Lyman Hall–fourth floor
- Sims Hall–Department of Public Safety
- Center for Science and Technology
- Bird Library—operating hours are listed on the library website
- Life Sciences Complex
- Link Hall
- Physics Building
- Ensley Athletic Center
- South Campus Library Facility
- Manley Field House
- Carmelo Anthony Center
- Tennity Ice Rink
- Crouse-Hinds Hall
- Skytop Office Building
Additional information regarding Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days services and resources may be found at:
- University services available during Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days: http://news.syr.edu/winterbreak/
- HR Winter Break/Orange Appreciation Days info: https://hr.syr.edu/benefits/paid-time-off-and-leaves/winter-break-orange-appreciation-days
- Orange Appreciation Days FAQs: https://hr.syr.edu/benefits/paid-time-off-and-leaves/winter-break-orange-appreciation-days/orange-appreciation-days-faq
- Sustainability Website: http://sustainability.syr.edu/
Questions about building occupancy can be directed to the Department of Energy Systems and Sustainability Management, 315.443.1535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.