Dear Students and Families: As part of our planning for the Fall 2020 semester, the University is adjusting the move-in schedule for our incoming and returning students and their families. To protect the health and safety of all our campus…
Expanded Fitness Facilities and Programming Open at Barnes Center at The Arch
This week marks the next phase of expanded health and wellness in the Barnes Center at The Arch with programming to help you Be Active at Syracuse University.
With the start of the academic year, fitness floors in the Barnes Center at The Arch opened. Since the beginning of classes, over 25,000 people have swiped in to use the new fitness facility. This is in addition to those who have swung by the Barnes Center at The Arch for various other health and wellness needs, including grabbing a smoothie at Otto’s Juice Box, updating health immunizations, spending time in the Crowley Family MindSpa or seeing a counselor.
The possibilities are multiplying at the Barnes Center at The Arch as construction continues to create new experiences at Syracuse University. Now, people can partake in the following services at the state-of-the-art health and wellness complex:
- Drop-in fitness classes are a new, free service for Syracuse University and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student I.D. holders. Participants can register on the Wellness Portal 24 hours before the class. Be on the lookout for aerobic, aqua, cycle, mind & body and x-training drop-in fitness classes.
- The new climbing wall features two 48-foot-tall climbing walls, an expansive bouldering area, a rappel platform and a variety of different skill clinics to choose from for climbers of all skill levels.
- The Multi-Activity Sport Court is available for use every day of the week for activities such as indoor soccer and roller hockey. Special programming can be scheduled through the Wellness Portal.
- An indoor track is now open at the Barnes Center at the Arch and can be used seven days a week.
- Four new basketball courts are up and running. Open every day of the week, the gymnasium has already become a popular spot for pick-up basketball. Special programming can be scheduled through the Wellness Portal.
When you visit the Barnes Center at The Arch, be sure to check out the facilities’ other offerings. New to the University, The Walters Pet Therapy Room is in full swing and offers pet therapy on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To stay up to date on Barnes Center at The Arch offerings, head to syracuse.edu/BeWell and follow @BeWellSU on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For questions, contact the Barnes Center at The Arch at 315.443.8000 or email email@example.com.
The Women’s Building fitness facility, which served as the interim space for recreation during construction of the Barnes Center at The Arch, no longer houses any fitness equipment. The Women’s Building pool is still open.