Dear Members of the Syracuse University Community: The start of every new semester brings with it excitement and anticipation. This year, those emotions are heightened and for some include anxiety associated with a return to campus life during the COVID…
Looking Ahead: Where to Find Offices, Services During Schine Renovation
As announced in November, Schine Student Center will begin a transformative renovation in May 2019. The planned renovation, a key component of the Campus Framework, will include enhanced accessibility, an upgraded dining experience, centralized spaces for student activities, an expanded, open central atrium and versatile seating and lounge space.
In preparation for the renovation, teams from the divisions of Enrollment and the Student Experience and Business, Finance and Administrative Services have worked diligently to coordinate office relocations and expand services currently within Schine Student Center.
Here is where you can find offices and services once the planned renovation begins:
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs and Disability Cultural Center will relocate to 548 Bird Library. They join the LGBT Resource Center, which moved to this accessible, central location this spring.
- The Office of Student Activities and the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs will relocate to Suite 100 in the Women’s Building.
- The Office of Parent and Family Services will reloate to 306 Steele Hall.
- Schine Box Office will relocate to Suite 118/119 in the Women’s Building.
- Learning Communities and Student Centers and Programming Services will relocate to Suite 138 in the Women’s Building.
- Career Services will relocate to Suite 214 in the Women’s Building.
- The Shaw Center for Public and Community Service and the Office of First-Year and Transfer Programs will relocate to Suite 309/310 in the Women’s Building.
- Food Services will enhance staffing and add popular menu items at nearby Pages Café and food.com. Come fall, Kimmel Food Court will open earlier to accommodate breakfast and lunch. All Schine Food Services staff will be reassigned to other locations on campus.
- Reservable meeting rooms and event spaces will be available in Bird Library, Skybarn, Goldstein Student Center (South Campus), and other campus locations.
The Syracuse University Bookstore and Goldstein Auditorium will remain open throughout the renovation. Accessible entrances will be located from the Einhorn Family Walk and from the East entry between Goldstein Auditorium and the Bookstore. The Einhorn Family Walk entry will serve the Bookstore and the East entry between Goldstein Auditorium and the Bookstore will serve Goldstein Auditorium. This accessible path starts at Waverly Avenue.
Updates with additional information about relocations and services will follow throughout the remainder of the semester.