Ransomware attacks have been in the news lately, including an attack over the Fourth of July weekend that impacted up to 1,500 organizations. In this edition of “ITS In-Depth,” we speak with Syracuse University Chief Information Security Officer Chris Croad…
Division of Business, Finance and Administrative Services Launches Strategic Planning Process
Syracuse University’s Division of Business, Finance and Administrative Services (BFAS) has launched a strategic planning process for all of its units and functions. The important planning process will allow the University’s administrative and financial units to fully align and support the academic vision and mission.
“Syracuse University has several ambitious initiatives underway, including the implementation of the Academic Strategic Plan and Invest Syracuse, as well as the development of several priority projects in the Campus Framework,” says Amir Rahnamay-Azar, senior vice president and chief financial officer. “It is critical that as we continue to bring to life these bold initiatives that all of our business functions are working efficiently, effectively and synergistically. Our goal, as a division, is to be an excellent partner in the important academic work of our institution.”
Rahnamay-Azar says the strategic planning process seeks to accomplish the following goals:
- Establish clear organizational goals for BFAS aligned with those of the University.
- Enhance service offerings in alignment with best practices and industry standards.
- Develop metrics of excellence, and design a framework for measuring success against the plan’s goals.
- Conceptualize and implement a plan that complements the goals of, and accounts for opportunities associated with the following:
- Engage the University community in a series of targeted conversations focused on soliciting input specific to their needs and concerns regarding BFAS operations and services.
The steering committee, chaired by Tony Callisto, senior vice president and chief law enforcement officer, consists of various leaders within the BFAS division. Steering committee members include:
- Pete Sala, vice president and chief facilities officer (vice chair)
- Jamie Cyr, director of auxiliary services (vice chair)
- Lisa Cotanch, director of tax reporting and financial projects
- Tom Dwyer, assistant director of audit and management advisory services
- Adam Fumarola, senior associate vice president for real estate and assessment management
- Gwenn Judge, director of budget and planning
- David Smith, treasurer
Over the next few months, steering committee members will engage in targeted outreach to student leaders, faculty and staff, and other key stakeholders via one-on-one and group conversations, gathering input to help guide the BFAS strategic planning process.
Regular updates will be provided on the SU News website at http://news.syr.edu.