Students from around the world seeking an American university education may often face two main challenges: needing to have a conversational and working knowledge of English and practical skills that lead to academic success. As the University expands its global…
Human Resources to Host Two Financial Education and Retirement Planning Seminars July 9 and 13
The Syracuse University campus community is invited to attend a “Financial Education and Retirement Planning Seminar” to gain insight into planning for a successful retirement. Representatives from Human Resources and TIAA-CREF, as well as other retirement experts, will be available.
The dates are Thursday, July 9, 8:30 a.m. – noon and Monday, July 13, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
The sessions will be held in Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center. The seminars are not mandatory, but attendance is encouraged to help individuals prepare for retirement readiness. The same information will be shared at each event. Registration is not required.
- Basic rules that govern the most common retirement accounts
- Perspectives on when to tap into different assets
- Distribution options and income choices offered by TIAA-CREF
- Understanding Social Security and Medicare
- Maximizing the Syracuse University retiree medical and prescription drug plans
- How Voluntary Separation Incentive Program retiree medical subsidies can help you
- Other retiree benefits, including tuition for you or your dependents
For more information call the HR Service Center at 315-443-4042.