Dear Colleagues, I am writing to provide the Zoom information for the faculty listening sessions with me and my team to inform our thinking about the upcoming academic year. Specifically, I want to check in with you to see how…
Campus Commuter Challenge Kicks Off
Syracuse University students, faculty and staff who walk, bike, carpool or ride the bus to campus between Feb. 1 and March 6 can compete for prizes in Syracuse University’s Spring 2015 Campus Commuter Challenge via Zimride Syracuse, our car and rideshare program.
The Campus Commuter Challenge is a friendly competition to encourage the University community to try more sustainable transportation options than driving alone to work. Using the Zimride Syracuse website, students, faculty and staff will be able to log information about their commute. Follow this process:
- Log in to your Zimride account or create a Zimride account at http://zimride.com/syr.
- Click on your name, and select the “Commute Calendar” option in the drop-down menu.
- In the transportation mode section, select your mode of transportation and drag and drop the mode onto the calendar.
- Points for each mode of transportation are:
- 5 points = carpool
- 4 points = bus
- 3 points = walk
- 2 points = bike
- 0 points = drive alone
- Each time a user reaches 25 points they will be entered into a drawing to win a chance at one of the two $50 Zimride MasterCard gift cards, courtesy of Zimride by Enterprise.
Reducing automobile use has many benefits, including cutting greenhouse gas emissions, alleviating campus parking congestion, saving money on gas, improving air quality, reducing noise and traffic, and reducing dependence on fossil fuels. Alternative transportation modes also have benefits including physical exercise, reducing stress and building community.
Wenxiu L. and Rebecca N. won the October 2014 Campus Commuter Challenge. All it takes is a few minutes, each day, to log your commute to become a winner!
For more information on the Campus Commuter Challenge, contact Melissa Cadwell at email@example.com.