Dear Faculty, Instructors and Graduate Teaching Assistants: We are writing to provide you new information from the Onondaga County Health Department related to the COVID-19 vaccination distribution process. Eligibility Reminder At this time, per the New York State Department of…
SyracuseCoE and CenterState CEO open next round of CAP grant applications
The Syracuse CoE and CenterState CEO have announced the next round of solicitations for Commercialization Assistance Program (CAP) grants. The grants will be awarded to projects that commercialize new products and services in the fields of indoor environmental quality, water resources and clean and renewable energy.
Projects should focus on technology commercialization projects in sectors such as:
- renewable energy solutions (CHP, solar, solar thermal, wave, wind, other renewable energy sources);
- energy management software and IT platforms, energy control systems and energy conservation technologies;
- advanced biomass, biofuels, synfuels and biorefinery technologies;
- clean air, indoor environmental quality (IEQ), HVAC and advanced air systems;
- energy storage and system integration (advanced batteries, transmission, smart grid, power electronics, smart transportation technologies);
- clean water, green infrastructure, industrial water quality, water treatment and other environmental technologies that address water safety and water quality;
- intelligent, energy-efficient building science technologies and energy efficient building materials; and
- new industrial technologies that result in improved air and water quality, as well as energy reduction and conservation.
Up to $50,000 is available for individual projects, with approximately four expected recipients in this round. To qualify for CAP funding, a proposing company must provide matching funds of at least one to one for every dollar requested. Matching funds can include cash or in-kind services.
The deadline for submission of proposals for this round is Dec.14. Projects should start March 1, 2013, and be complete on or before Oct. 31, 2013. Program guidelines and funding applications will be available on the SyracuseCoE website: www.syracusecoe.org
The SyracuseCoE Commercialization Assistance Program (CAP) was established by the SyracuseCoE in partnership with CenterState CEO and Empire State Development Corporation (ESDC), and funded with grants secured through New York Assemblyman William Magnarelli.
To date, the CAP program has awarded more than $1 million to 26 upstate companies for projects that have commercialized new clean tech products and services, and created or retained more than 152 green jobs in New York State. Regional companies that have benefited from CAP grants include: OrthoSystems, Air Innovations, Ephesus Technologies, NuClimate Air Quality Systems, O’Brien & Gere, Taitem Engineering, Galson Laboratories, Rupprecht & Patashnick, Double A Willow, Isolation Sciences, Greenview Energy Management Systems, Rapid Cure Technologies, VentoTek, Widetronix Semiconductors, e2e Materials, Synex Controls, Synairco and Orthogonal.
The complete CAP application package is available at: www.syracusecoe.org
For more information on the CAP program, and to review previous CAP awards, visit: www.syracusecoe.org/coe/sub1.html?skuvar=70
Electronic submission of proposals is due by Dec. 14, 2012 to Tammy Rosanio, assistant director of partner alliances for the SyracuseCoE, at email@example.com. She may be reached at 315-443-3433.