Syracuse Stage is seeking talented local youth actors to audition for the role of Ivanka in its upcoming production of “Once,” directed by Melissa Crespo. Auditioners should note that the production schedule for “Once” includes morning student matinees in addition to…
Syracuse Stage Announces Two-Day Vendor Fair As Part of ‘Our Town’
Syracuse Stage Artistic Director Robert Hupp and Managing Director Jill Anderson announced today, that as part of the theatrical run of Thornton Wilder’s beloved play, “Our Town,” Syracuse Stage will host a two-day Our Town Vendor Fair on Saturday, April 1, and Sunday, April 2, from 1–8:30 p.m. “Our Town,” directed by Robert Hupp, runs Wednesday, March 29, through Sunday, April 16, at Syracuse Stage in the Archbold Theatre.
As part of the community engagement efforts at Syracuse Stage, Joann Yarrow, director of community engagement and education, thinks the vendor fair provides the perfect connecting point for Syracusans. “We are so excited to involve local vendors of our town of Syracuse to share the variety of artistry and unique offerings. It is important to support our local small businesses who bring so much to Syracuse” says Yarrow.
Community friends and neighbors can gather at this two-day event in the theatre lobby as artisans and small-business owners display products for sale ranging from jewelry to health and beauty products and décor and home goods to the latest in pet needs for our animal friends. The Our Town vendor fair is free, and all members of the community are welcome, a ticket purchase to the production is not required.
Vendors currently scheduled are:
- Au Mélange: Cleanse, Nourish and Restore with the rejuvenating oils of Au Mélange
- Better Brittle: West African-style small-batch brittles made right here in Syracuse
- Diane Schenandoah: Indigenous arts
- Soul Love Candle Co.: Magical soy wax candles and wax melts adorned with crystals
- Room to Improve: Home décor and gift shop based in Minoa, New York
- Styles by Bellamy: Women’s clothing and jewelry
- Marcrame by Tatinanna Monet: Artisan shop selling eco-friendly macrame home décor items
- AFROdisiac Ceramics: Handmade ceramic works by local artist
- Happy Tails Dog Shop: Specialty dog shop focusing on high-quality supplements, treats and enrichment toys
An American masterpiece, “Our Town” is described by Wilder as, “an attempt to find value above all price for the smallest events in our daily life.” The playwright succeeded with this graceful and poetic play that reminds us to cherish every moment we’re together and to embrace the true wonder (and brevity) of being alive.
Famous actors of stage and screen have taken on the challenging role of the Stage Manager, including Paul Newman, Spalding Gray, Henry Fonda and Helen Hunt.
All evening performances begin at 7:30 p.m., while all matinee performances begin at 2 p.m. Tickets start at $30 with discounts available for students and groups. Tickets can be purchased by visiting SyracuseStage.org, by calling 315.443.3275, or by visiting the Syracuse Stage Box Office at 820 East Genesee Street.
Season support for Syracuse Stage is made possible by the Dorothy and Marshall M. Reisman Foundation, Advance Media New York, and The Slutzker Family Foundation.