The University community is invited to a campus forum on Monday, March 4, to learn about Universitywide diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) efforts. Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Mary Grace A. Almandrez will provide key updates about DEIA…
Community Review Board Seeks Applications for New Members
Dear Fellow Students, Faculty and Staff:
As I conclude my time as chair of the inaugural Community Review Board (CRB), I write to you today to invite members of our University community to apply to serve on the CRB. As the spring semester comes to a close, the CRB is seeking to fill six seats with one from each of the following categories:
- Undergraduate student
- Graduate student
- Law student
- Staff member
- Faculty member
What is the Community Review Board?
The CRB, which consists of 11 community members, reviews appeals of civilian complaints regarding Department of Public Safety (DPS) officer conduct, current and prospective DPS policies, procedures and trainings, and key community-facing functions of DPS. The CRB is also responsible for issuing an annual public report of findings and recommendations. The 2022-23 report will be shared with the campus community later this spring.
How can I apply to serve?
For those interested in being considered, please complete this application [PDF] and submit it to the specific individual designated for your constituent group:
- Undergraduate Students: One undergraduate student will be selected by the Student Association (SA); please submit your application to David Bruen, president of SA.
- Graduate Students: One graduate student will be selected by the Graduate Student Organization (GSO); please submit your application to Daniel J. Kimmel, acting president of GSO.
- Law Students: One law student will be selected by the Student Bar Association; please submit your application to Jessica R. Senzer, executive president of the Student Bar Association.
- Faculty: A faculty member will be selected by the University Senate; please submit your application to Dan Cutler, co-chair of the Senate Administrative Operations Committee.
- Staff: A staff member will be selected by the Office of Human Resources; please submit your application to Andrew Gordon, senior vice president and chief human resource officer.
- Administrators: An administrator will be selected by Chancellor Kent Syverud; please submit your application to Souher Cosselman, director for strategic initiatives, Chancellor’s Office.
When is my application due?
To be considered this year, please submit your application by Friday, March 31. Individuals selected to serve will be notified by Friday, April 14.
Brianna C. Sclafani
Chair, Community Review Board