After a water main break occurred near Bird Library Sunday afternoon, construction efforts to resolve the issue will start around 6 a.m. Monday. While no buildings will be impacted by the efforts to repair the break, there will be both construction…
Community Review Board Seeks Applications for New Members
Dear Fellow Students, Faculty and Staff:
I am writing today in my role as chair of the inaugural Community Review Board (CRB) to invite members of our campus community to apply to serve on the CRB. As the spring semester comes to a close, the CRB is seeking to fill six seats with two undergraduate students and one graduate student, staff member, faculty member and administrator.
What is the Community Review Board?
The CRB, which consists of 11 community members, reviews appeals of civilian complaints regarding Department of Public Safety (DPS) officer conduct, current and prospective DPS policies, procedures and trainings, and key community-facing functions of DPS. The CRB is also responsible for issuing an annual public report of findings and recommendations. The first report will be shared with the campus community later this spring.
How can I apply to serve?
For those interested in being considered, please complete this application [PDF] and submit it to the specific individual designated for your constituent group:
- Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate representation will be selected by the Student Association (SA); please submit your application to David Bruen, president of SA.
- Graduate Students: One graduate student will be selected by the Graduate Student Organization (GSO); please submit your application to Yousr Dhaouadi, president of GSO.
- Faculty: Faculty members will be selected by the University Senate; please submit your application to Dan Cutler, co-chair of the Senate Administrative Operations Committee.
- Staff: Staff will be selected by the Office of Human Resources; please submit your application to Andrew Gordon, senior vice president and chief human resource officer.
- Administrators: Administrators will be selected by Chancellor Kent Syverud; please submit your application to Megan Travis, director for strategic initiatives, Chancellor’s Office.
When is my application due?
To be considered this year, please submit your application by Monday, April 25. Individuals selected to serve will be notified by Friday, May 6.
Brianna C. Sclafani
Chair, Community Review Board