Christopher Scholz, professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES), is the recipient of the 2022 Israel C. Russell Award from the Geological Society of America’s (GSA’s) Limnogeology Division. Presented to only one researcher each year, the award recognizes outstanding research,…
Libraries Compiles Ukraine Research Guide
As history unfolds with the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, it’s critical to have a free flow of information about what is happening and avenues to understand more about the people, culture and history of Ukraine.
Syracuse University Libraries has created a new Ukraine research guide with content and links to current information sources about the war in Ukraine. The guide includes:
- up-to-the-minute news releases from Ukrainian and other international news and wire services, as well as U.S. newspapers;
- links to databases and journals with a focus on Ukraine, accessible through the Libraries’ database and online catalog links;
- maps and data from academic and general sources;
- dozens of books from the Libraries’ collections about the rich history and culture of Ukraine and its people; and
- films about the relationship between Ukraine and Russia.
Some of the links are updated daily while others are for those seeking more in-depth information about Ukraine. If you would like to contribute other sources to this guide, please fill out the suggestions form on the Ukraine guide.