The Office of Research is funding 31 CUSE grant projects this year in the fifth round of annual internal grants. The Collaboration for Unprecedented Success and Excellence (CUSE grants) program is dedicated to growing the Universitywide research enterprise, enhancing interdisciplinary…
6 Faculty Members Elected to the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Promotion and Tenure
Six faculty members have been elected to serve two-year terms on the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Promotion and Tenure. Representatives are elected from across Syracuse University’s colleges and schools.
The committee works in an advisory capacity to the provost to promote the highest academic standards and ensure consistency across the promotion and tenure processes. Committee members are tenured full professors charged with providing the provost with a broad range of perspectives. They are expected to serve as Universitywide faculty representatives rather than as representatives of a specific discipline, department, school or college. Members of the committee serve staggered two-year terms and are not eligible to serve consecutive terms.
The advisory committee is chaired by Vice Chancellor and Provost Gretchen Ritter and includes Interim Vice President for Research Ramesh Raina and Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs Jamie L. Winders.
The new committee members are:
- Jean-François Bédard, School of Architecture
- Aesoon Park, psychology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jing Lei, instructional development, design and evaluation, School of Education
- Jeffrey Stanton, School of Information Studies
- Lauryn Gouldin, College of Law
- Shana Gadarian, political science, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs