Last year, a patchwork of states started passing laws mandating that college athletes were allowed to profit off their images. After asking Congress to pass a uniform set of rules (it didn’t), the NCAA threw up its hands and said…
Please Take the Spring 2022 Stay Safe Pledge
Dear Students and Families,
As we prepare to welcome students back to campus in a few short days, I am writing to remind you of our collective commitment to keep ourselves and one another healthy and safe by adhering to the Syracuse University Stay Safe Pledge.
The Stay Safe Pledge outlines important public health measures in place to support our community’s well-being. The pledge has been updated for the Spring 2022 semester and may be modified as evolving pandemic conditions require. Measures outlined in the pledge include:
- Providing proof of COVID-19 booster (or exemption) prior to arrival to campus or within one week of eligibility.
- Providing proof of flu vaccine (or exemption) prior to the start of the Spring 2022 semester.
- Following masking guidance in accordance with the COVID-19 Masking Framework.
- Wearing an effective mask as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Wearing a mask in health care spaces on campus and while riding public transportation provided by the University.
Prior to the start of the Spring 2022 semester, I ask each student to review and take the pledge. If you have taken the pledge previously, please be sure to review the updates to the pledge and reaffirm your commitment to each other and to our broader community for this semester.
We each play an important role in keeping our community safe. Please continue to do your part this semester.
Senior Vice President and Chief Student Experience Officer