This October, the campus community is invited to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month. The University’s official kickoff is Monday, Oct. 3, in Schine Student Center 304 from 4 to 6 p.m. The LGBTQ Resource Center, along with students and campus partners,…
Guidance on Submitting Your COVID Documentation
Dear Faculty and Staff:
I am writing today to provide guidance on how to submit your documentation verifying your vaccination status. Specifically, how to email a photo to yourself from a cellphone to be able to submit a photo of your COVID vaccination card. This information on emailing a photo from a cellphone, accompanied by photos and step-by-step instructions, can be found by visiting Answers. To document your COVID vaccine series (including your booster) in MySlice, follow these detailed instructions.
In this message, I will detail how to:
- Email images using an Android device
- Email images using an iPhone (iOS)
- Seek additional help
Email Using an Android Device
For individuals using an Android device, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that the photo(s) you are trying to email are saved onto your phone.
- Open the photo app on your phone. In the photo gallery, long press each photo you would like to share until it shows as selected. A dot (or a check mark) will appear in the corner.
- Tap the “Share” icon and choose your desired email. The share icon is two small arrows with one circle between them. After tapping the share icon, you are given a number of options, depending on the accounts associated with the phone. Android phones most commonly have a “Gmail” account.
- Once email is selected this will carry the chosen photos into a new window, where they will be attached to an email.
- Compose your email message and send. By tapping on the fields, enter an email contact and a message if desired. You can also add a subject here.
- If prompted select a file size of Small or Medium so that your photo size is compatible with most websites.
Email Using an iPhone (iOS)
Individuals using an iPhone (iOS) should follow these instructions:
- Open your photo app and find the picture(s) you want to email. The photo app is an icon that looks similar to a multi-colored flower.
- Select your photos. Click “Select” at the upper right hand of your screen, then click the picture(s) you wish to send.
- Click the share symbol and attach to your mail. The share symbol is at the bottom left of the screen and looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards. After tapping the share option, depending on your version of iOS, tap the mail icon for your email application.
- Construct your email. After you click on the mail icon, a new message will appear. Write the body of the email and fill out the subject.
- Add contacts. Click on the “To:” field if your cursor is not already on it. Type in who you want to send your message to.
- Send your email. Once all pictures are attached, select the send icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted about the message size, choose Small so that your photo size is compatible with most websites.
For additional support, please contact the ITS Help Desk by calling 315.443.2677, by emailing email@example.com or by visiting 1-227 Center for Science and Technology.
Samuel J. Scozzafava Jr.
Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer