Christopher Scholz, professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES), is the recipient of the 2022 Israel C. Russell Award from the Geological Society of America’s (GSA’s) Limnogeology Division. Presented to only one researcher each year, the award recognizes outstanding research,…
Students: Submit Your Required COVID Booster Record
As shared earlier this week, the University will require all eligible students, faculty and staff who routinely access any Syracuse University campus location or facility to receive a COVID booster shot prior to the start of the spring semester, or as soon as they become eligible. You may document your booster vaccine and upload a record of your booster in the Patient Portal.
Who Is Eligible for the Booster Vaccine
- Individuals who received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months ago.
- Individuals who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months ago.
- Individuals who previously received World Health Organization-approved vaccinations other than Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen/Johnson & Johnson should receive a Pfizer booster dose if they received their initial vaccine series at least six months ago, in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance.
How to Submit Your Records
There are two parts to submitting records—recording the date of your booster vaccine and uploading proof of your booster vaccine. Your record is not considered complete until a copy of your immunization proof has been uploaded for verification.
- Log into the Patient Portal with your SU email and password.
- Select the “Immunizations” heading and then “Enter Dates.”
- Find the type of COVID-19 booster vaccine you received, enter the date and select “Submit.”
- Once the date has been submitted, select the “Upload” tab from the top menu.
- Follow all upload instructions.
- In the drop-down menu labeled “Choose Document,” select “COVID Proof of Vaccination.”
- Click “Select a file,” choose the file containing your booster vaccination document and click “Upload.”
IMPORTANT: Enter your booster as Dose #3 for the vaccine type that you received, even if different from your initial COVID vaccination series (i.e., if you received two Moderna vaccines, but received the Pfizer booster vaccine, please enter the date of your booster under Pfizer, Dose #3).
As a reminder, the only exemption from this requirement is an approved medical or religious waiver on file with the Barnes Center. If you already have a medical or religious waiver on file with the Barnes Center for the COVID-19 vaccination, you do not need to take any further action.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping yourselves and one another safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please contact us at 315.443.8000.
Barnes Center at The Arch