This October, the campus community is invited to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month. The University’s official kickoff is Monday, Oct. 3, in Schine Student Center 304 from 4 to 6 p.m. The LGBTQ Resource Center, along with students and campus partners,…
New Search Committee Appointed to Identify Candidates for the Next Associate Vice President and Chief of Campus Safety and Emergency Management Services
Syracuse University today announced the members of a new search committee for the next associate vice president and chief of campus safety and emergency management services (CSEMS).
Following the July announcement of the extension of the search, Allen Groves, senior vice president for the student experience, stepped into the role of search committee chair and assembled a new group of students, faculty and staff charged with finding a pool of candidates for the chief role.
The new chief will oversee the Department of Public Safety (DPS), Emergency Management, Global Safety and Support, and CSEMS administrative and technical support. The selected candidate will be charged with implementing the recommendations made by the independent review of DPS, which was recently conducted by former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to create, embrace and advance a new model of campus safety.
“This search comes at an important time as we reimagine the way we deliver a campus safety model that is responsive to the evolving needs of students. I look forward to working with the students, faculty and staff on the search committee to identify candidates who will support our students and engage all members of our campus community in creating a welcoming, safe environment for all,” says Groves.
In addition to Groves as chair, the search committee also includes the following members:
- David Bruen, undergraduate student and Student Association president
- Raj Dewan, dean, School of Information Studies
- Yousr Dhaouadi, president, Graduate Student Organization
- Mazaher Kaila, executive president, Student Bar Association
- Kris Klinger, senior associate vice president, Auxiliary Services
- Brice Nordquist, associate professor and dean’s professor of community engagement, writing studies, rhetoric and composition, College of Arts and Sciences
- Gabe Nugent, deputy general counsel
- Andrew Saluti, assistant professor, museum studies, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Sarah Scalese, senior associate vice president for communications
- Salatha Willis, associate athletic director for diversity, culture and climate
The University has retained the firm of Spelman Johnson for the search. The position description will be posted on the Syracuse University Job Board shortly.