Languages act as a guide for communicating our goals and dreams. It’s how we make sense of the world and connect with the communities around us. Become fluent in a variety of languages, and it’s like collecting keys that unlock…
College of Law Announces 2021 Law Honors Awards Recipients
The College of Law and the Syracuse University Law Alumni Association will celebrate the achievements of four alumni and one professor at the college’s annual Syracuse Law Honors Awards Ceremony on Sept. 24 during Law Alumni Weekend. The ceremony will take place at 6 p.m. in Dineen Hall, followed by the College of Law Alumni Awards Reception.
This year’s recipients have distinguished themselves for their service to the University and College of Law, their communities and the legal profession.
The honorees are:
- Laurence G. Bousquet L’80 for his distinguished practice of law and extraordinary service to the Central New York community.
- Joanna Geraghty L’97, G’97 for her long and esteemed career in the airline industry serving as an admired executive and a trailblazer in a traditionally male-dominated industry, boldly leading one of the largest airlines in the United States.
- Melanie Gray L’81 for her distinctive career, community leadership and commitment to public service, with emphasis on the arts, education and empowerment of women, and for giving ardent, generous and unbroken support to the College of Law and to Syracuse University as an inaugural member of the College of Law Board of Advisors and a Life Trustee of the University.
- Professor Paula C. Johnson for her distinguished service to the College of Law as teacher and mentor and for her successful advocacy, as co-founder and co-director of the Cold Case Justice Initiative, in seeking justice for the victims of racially motivated murders committed during the civil rights era and beyond.
- Carey Ng L’02, G’02 for his nearly two decades of service to the College of Law as a steadfast supporter of its mission, mentor, volunteer moot court judge and advisor, long-time member and president of the Syracuse University Law Alumni Association and member of the Board of Directors of SU’s Alumni Association—all while holding down a career as a successful New York prosecutor.
Read the recipients’ full biographies at this webpage. To learn more about all 2021 Law Alumni Weekend programs and to register, visit alumniweekend.law.syr.edu.