Dear Students, Faculty and Staff: I had hoped my first communication with the campus community would be to share positive news. Sadly though, I am writing with the most difficult news to share—the passing of one of our students. We…
Libraries Reopen to Visitors
In alignment with New York State and the University lifting COVID-19 restrictions, Syracuse University Libraries has reopened to the public, effective immediately. All visitor and capacity restrictions have been lifted in the Libraries. In accordance with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unvaccinated individuals must also continue to maintain six feet of distance when gathering in groups and should continue to participate in weekly surveillance testing. The use of masks is optional for vaccinated individuals but required for unvaccinated people.
Libraries’ regular summer hours are:
- Bird Library Lower Level to fifth floor: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday – Sunday, noon to 8 p.m.
- Bird Library sixth floor: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Reading Room available by appointment via email at email@example.com. It will reopen regularly on July 12.
- Carnegie Library: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- King+King Architecture Library: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Libraries will be closed on Monday, July 5, in observance of the holiday.