Syracuse Abroad has once again been recognized as one of the country’s best study abroad programs, with Syracuse checking in at No. 9 according to the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings for 2022-23. Each year, U.S. News &…
One University Virtual Assessment Celebration to Be Held Friday
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (IEA) will host a One University Virtual Assessment Celebration on Friday, May 7, from 2 to 3 p.m. on Zoom. Register to attend.
The event will recognize and celebrate the efforts of faculty and staff who delivered learning experiences and services through innovative modalities and reflected on learning and operations in their 2019-20 assessment and action plans. Awards will be given in three categories:
- Outstanding Assessment, recognizing a distinguished academic program within each school/college, co-curricular program/unit and functional unit for an overall robust assessment and action plan.
- Best Engagement Strategies, recognizing programs/units for engaging faculty, staff and students associated with the program/unit to participate and contribute to the assessment process.
- Best Use of Results, recognizing academic programs, co-curricular program/unit and functional units for how results from the assessment process are used in making decisions.
“We are grateful for the efforts that faculty and staff have put forth to assess student learning and operations,” says Chris Johnson, associate provost for academic affairs. “These efforts are important in the University’s mission to provide students with an unsurpassed learning experience.
The 2021 awardees are:
Outstanding Assessment category
- B. Arch., School of Architecture
- Arabic minor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Educational Leadership C.A.S., School of Education
- Bioengineering B.S., College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Nutrition Science B.S., David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- Applied Data Science M.S., School of Information Studies
- Law J.D., College of Law
- Real Estate B.S., Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- Public Administration MPA, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Broadcast and Digital Journalism M.S., S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Fashion Design B.F.A., College of Visual and Performing Arts
- English Language Institute, University College
- Office of Student Living (Co-curricular program/unit)
- Center for Disability Resources (Functional unit)
Best Engagement Strategies category
- Department of Human Development and Family Science, Falk College (academic programs, faculty engagement)
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (co-curricular programs/units, staff engagement)
- College of Law Dean’s Office (functional units, staff engagement)
- Shaw Center for Public and Community Service (co-curricular programs/units, student engagement)
Best Use of Results category
- Social Work B.S., Falk College (academic programs)
- Dean of Students Office (co-curricular programs/units)
- Office of Admissions (functional units)
The 2021 honorees were chosen by the Assessment Working Team, which reviewed the 2019-20 annual progress reports and referenced the feedback rubrics describing University expectations for each phase of the assessment process.