On Sept. 27, Chancellor Kent Syverud addressed University Senate at its first meeting of the Fall 2023 semester. His remarks were as follows: Thank you, Professor [Kira] Reed. It’s a pleasure to see so many of you in person. We’re…
Update on Vaccine Availability at Barnes Center and How to Submit Vaccination Records
Dear Students and Families:
As COVID-19 vaccine supply increases, the Barnes Center at The Arch is taking steps to prepare should we receive vaccine from New York State. To help us mobilize quickly as we await vaccine from New York State, we ask all students who are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine through the Barnes Center when it becomes available to complete this form. The Barnes Center will notify you via text or email if and when we have vaccine doses available to administer.
In the meantime, if you are eligible for the vaccine now, do not wait to make an appointment locally by visiting the New York State COVID-19 vaccine website or the Onondaga County COVID-19 vaccine website. Once there, you can confirm your eligibility and will be prompted to identify an available time that works for you. A free shuttle is also available from the College Place bus stop for those who have an appointment at Onondaga County’s OnCenter vaccination clinic.
If you have already been fully vaccinated, it is important to submit your COVID-19 vaccination documentation to the Student Patient Portal. Ensuring the Barnes Center has your records has many benefits, including exempting you from required pre-entry testing to Stadium events, as well as from being quarantined in the event you are a close contact to a positive COVID-19 case.
To submit your vaccination records to the Patient Portal:
- Log in to the Patient Portal with your SU NetID and password.
- Select “Immunizations” from the top menu and select “Enter Dates”
- Under the “Recommended Immunizations” heading, find the type of COVID-19 vaccine you received, enter the date(s) and click “Submit.”
- Once the date(s) have been submitted, select the “Upload” tab from the top menu and follow all upload instructions.
- In the drop-down menu labeled “Choose Document,” select “COVID Proof of Vaccination.”
- Click “Select File,” choose the file containing your vaccination document(s) and click “Upload.”
Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and others from the spread of illness. We appreciate your help in our continued efforts to safeguard the health and well-being of the campus community.
Dr. Karen Nardella
Medical Director, Barnes Center at The Arch