Academic Strategic Planning: There’s Still Time to Share Your Perspective! The Fall 2022 semester will conclude in less than three weeks. It has been a busy, active and engaging time on our campus, particularly with the robust academic strategic planning…
‘Take Back The Night’ Official Endorser Request Deadline Is Feb. 26
Each year, Syracuse University recognizes and participates in Take Back The Night (TBTN), a global event dedicated to raising awareness about sexual, relationship and domestic violence, and other forms of interpersonal violence. This year, the event is at 7 p.m. (ET) Wednesday, March 31. Before the event, campus community members are encouraged to explore ways to get involved.
“It’s our job not only as members of the Syracuse University campus community but as members of our society to show that we recognize that these issues exist and that we are actively trying to put a stop to it,” says Sierra Rose St. Louis ’21, co-chair of the Spring 2021 Take Back The Night planning committee. “If you pledge to take part in Take Back The Night, you are showing those around you how important stopping sexual violence is. By taking this pledge, posting a video or photo, or telling other people about it, you can help everyone, not just survivors, live in a safer world. We all need to do our part.”
Become an Official Endorser and Sign the Take Back The Night Pledge
Please follow the directions below to become an official endorser and be included on the Spring 2021 Take Back The Night shirt. To learn more, please visit the Take Back The Night webpage.
- You can request a digital or printed pledge poster using the Pledge Poster Request Form by noon Friday, Feb. 26.
- All individuals in agreement with the pledge statement should sign the pledge poster. If available, please include the name of your group on the pledge poster.
- Show commitment to ending interpersonal violence by displaying the pledge poster in a highly visible location. Examples include your office or home.
- Together, discuss ways to actively fulfill the pledge statement.
- Before the Take Back The Night Rally on Wednesday, March 31, email email@example.com a photo of how you and/or your group are actively fulfilling the pledge statement. Examples include the signed poster, individuals in support of the pledge statement with the poster, volunteering and more.
Take Back The Night: 7 p.m. (ET) Wednesday, March 31
The Orange community is invited to save the date for Take Back The Night 2021. Additional event details are forthcoming.
Take Back The Night Shirt Sales
Spring 2021 shirts will be available for purchase at the Syracuse University Campus Store and Barnes Center at The Arch Pharmacy starting in mid-March and leading up to the event. Shirts will be $10 each and proceeds from shirt sales will benefit resources for victims and survivors of sexual and relationship violence.