As the 2022 golf season gets into full swing, Drumlins Country Club Golf Course Superintendent Peter McPartland is up with the sun, leading his crew and tending to the greens, with his puppy, Bogey, by his side. “Pete is most…
Schine Student Center: Spring 2021 Building Access, Hours and Guidelines
With the transformational renovation of Schine Student Center, students, staff and faculty will have access to many new and upgraded spaces throughout the building. In preparation for the official reopening on Feb. 8, campus community members can learn more about accessing and exploring the student center’s many features on the Student Centers and Programming Services website.
Outlined below is important operational information, as well as public health guidelines in place to support the well-being of the campus community, while visiting Schine Student Center this spring. Immediate compliance with written and verbal guidance and directives will go a long way in ensuring this space is available for the campus community to use this entire semester.
Entrances and Exits
To support traffic flow and monitor capacity throughout the building, the accessible entrances located on Waverly Avenue and the Einhorn Family Walk will be the designated entranceways to access the building. All other doorways will be exits only. To help with traffic, it is recommended that you use the Einhorn Family Walk entrance for convenient access to dining options and the Campus Store. Signage at the Waverly entrance, as well as stairways and an elevator, can help direct you to other spaces in the building.
Hours of Operation
For the Spring 2021 semester, Schine Student Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Dining and food options will be available spanning the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., with varying hours based on the vendors and day of week. Dining hours will fluctuate during the first few weeks of the semester due to staffing and training needs.
Access the building hours page for complete hours of operation. Hours of operation and dining options may be adjusted at any time due to such conditions as weather or public health best practices.
With the reopening of Schine Student Center, Registered Student Organizations, academic units and administrative departments and offices now have additional meeting and events spaces available. To make a room reservation, complete the online reservation request form. When using a space, all social distancing policies and capacity limits must be followed.
Please note that at this time, tabling reservation requests will be limited to allow for social distancing.
COVID-19 Precautions and Guidelines
In alignment with public health guidance, Schine Student Center will be implementing health and safety protocols to reduce density, adhere to social distancing and promote well-being. This includes the following precautions and guidelines while accessing the building:
- Only Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF students, faculty and staff with valid I.D. are permitted to access the building. Non-SU and SUNY-ESF-affiliated individuals must have expressed permission to enter. You must present a valid ID when requested by a University official.
- Food and drink will be permitted in the designated dining and café areas only.
- Catering services are not permitted during the Spring 2021 semester.
- If occupancy limits are met, entrance into spaces and rooms may be suspended for a limited time. We ask for your cooperation if you are asked to return to the building or a particular space at a later time to allow for the building capacity to remain at recommended levels.
- Use of spaces should be limited to no more than two hours. This will allow for more students to have access to the building.
- Seating and occupancy limits should be followed at all times. Only congregate in spaces designated for seating. Keep all pathways (tiled areas) clear so that people may safely pass through the building.
- Those who do not comply with the health and safety protocols may lose building privileges.
- Visitors to office spaces must comply with all visitor management guidance provided upon entrance to those spaces.
Please note that capacity guidelines, hours, dining options and more are subject to change in accordance with public health guidance throughout the spring. Adhering to all directives will be critical to ensuring use of the space throughout the spring semester.