Dear Students and Families: The first day of classes is now less than 40 days away. We are all excited by the prospect of a return to an academic and student experience that resembles our pre-pandemic campus environment. A critical…
Faculty Nominees Sought for Seinfeld Scholars Award Program
Nominations of outstanding faculty members are sought for the 2021 Seinfeld Scholars Awards Program. Faculty may be nominated by their respective dean, or by their associate dean, department chair or program director with the dean’s concurrence. Faculty cannot self-nominate.
Each year Syracuse University honors the talents of outstanding faculty or students through this program made possible by a generous gift from Judith Greenberg Seinfeld, distinguished alumna if Syracuse University and member of the University’s Board of Trustees. Ms. Seinfeld’s endowment honors Chancellor Emeritus Kenneth A. Shaw and Mary Ann Shaw in recognition of their years of devoted service to the University.
This award highlights excellence, creativity and innovation and encourages future contributions to society. The Seinfeld Scholar Program recognizes those who have
- “made an outstanding contribution to the beauty of the world, who have added to human values, and to ending human abuse”;
- who have passion for excellence, creativity, and originality in academic or artistic fields;
- and who demonstrate the “ability to motivate and bring out the best in others.”
The designation as the Seinfeld Scholar is not intended as a prize for past accomplishments so much as encouragement and stimulation for future contributions to society.
The timeline for the nomination and selection is as follows:
- Nominations due: Thursday, January 28, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. ET
- February 2021: Selection Committee Meets
- Early April 2021: Notification of Awards
A single pdf of the nomination packet can be submitted to Ramesh Raina at email@example.com and copied to Laurie Maddaloni at firstname.lastname@example.org. Address any questions to Sharon Alestalo at email@example.com or 315.443.3419.