Dear Students and Families: Welcome to the first weekend of March! It’s hard to believe we’ve already been on campus for a full month. I hope that despite the unusual nature of this semester, you are finding ways to enjoy…
Only a Few Days Left to Get Your Departure Testing!
While some of your fellow students have already left campus, we recognize that many of you are finalizing your plans to travel home. Before you depart, we urge you to please participate in one final round of testing.
Here is everything you need to know about departure testing and travel planning.
- Where and When: The Stadium Testing Center is open as follows:
- Saturday, Nov. 21, and Sunday, Nov. 22, noon to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 23, through Wednesday, Nov. 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving), through Sunday, Nov. 29 (closed)
- Beginning Monday, Nov. 30 (winter hours): Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Timing: You are encouraged to test three days prior to departure. IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to Thanksgiving holiday lab closures at our testing partner, SUNY Upstate, it is strongly recommended that anyone seeking to ascertain their COVID-19 status prior to Thanksgiving, should be tested no later than the end of the day on Monday (Nov. 23) to help ensure a timely result.
- Location: Enter the stadium through Gate N, stay to the right and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you.
- Preparation: Do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site. If you are experiencing symptoms or suspect you have been exposed to the virus, do not go the stadium—instead contact the Barnes Center by phone at 315.443.8000.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
While we recommend that you wait for your test result before traveling, those departing before their COVID status is confirmed must take these precautions when they travel and once they arrive home:
- While traveling, wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and train stations.
- Avoid all close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about two arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60 percent alcohol) and avoid contact with anyone who is sick or has a compromised immune system.
- Stay in your room in your residence unless you need to visit a health care provider. Utilize your own bedroom and bathroom.
- Wear a cloth face covering or mask while in your home, in the presence of others, indoors and outdoors.
- Do not entertain outside visitors and stay at least 6 feet away from others at all times, including family members.
- You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email to your Syracuse University account. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
If you have general questions, please contact the COVID Project Management Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Barnes Center at The Arch for medical inquiries 315.443.8000.
Syracuse University Public Health Team