Dear Students: With Halloween festivities approaching, I want to remind you of the expectation to uphold our community standards and promote a healthy, safe and welcoming environment for all campus community members and neighbors. We want you to engage and…
Don’t Delay; Get Your COVID-19 Test Today!
Your health and well-being continues to be our main focus. As such, we cannot stress enough the importance of participating in one final round of testing prior to traveling to your home communities. Getting tested is simple, quick and convenient. Please don’t delay; visit the stadium today!
Here is everything you need to know about departure testing and travel planning.
- Where and When: The Stadium Testing Center is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; no appointment is necessary. Testing is available this weekend!
- Timing: You are encouraged to test three days prior to departure.
- Location: Enter the stadium through Gate N, stay to the right and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you.
- Preparation: Do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site. If you are experiencing symptoms or suspect you have been exposed to the virus, do not go the stadium—instead contact the Barnes Center by phone at 315.443.8000.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
While we recommend that you wait for your test result before traveling, those departing before their COVID status is confirmed must take these precautions when they travel and once they arrive home:
- While traveling, wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and train stations.
- Avoid all close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about two arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60 percent alcohol) and avoid contact with anyone who is sick or has a compromised immune system.
- Stay in your room in your residence unless you need to visit a health care provider. Utilize your own bedroom and bathroom.
- Wear a cloth face covering or mask while in your home, in the presence of others, indoors and outdoors.
- Do not entertain outside visitors and stay at least 6 feet away from others at all times, including family members.
- You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email to your Syracuse University account. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
If you have general questions, please contact the COVID Project Management Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Barnes Center at The Arch for medical inquiries 315.443.8000.
Syracuse University Public Health Team