The next “ADA Live!” podcast on Wednesday, March 3, will feature Curt Decker, founder and executive director of the National Disability Rights Network (NDRN). Decker will discuss the history of the Protection and Advocacy (P&A) System, some important legislation they…
Weekend Activities | Health Reminders | Flu Shots
In just over two weeks, our residential semester will end, and you will be heading home for the remainder of 2020. You should all be proud of yourselves and each other for helping us make it this far and for your commitment to keeping those around you healthy.
Despite this achievement, as Vice Chancellor J. Michael Haynie shared yesterday, COVID-19 cases are surging nationally and locally, particularly here in Onondaga County. So it’s as important as ever to remain vigilant, exercise caution and continue exercising good health practices.
We’re in for an unusually warm weekend for November in Syracuse. That paves the way for plenty of opportunities to be outside, participate in organized activities and enjoy the fresh air. Here are just some of the events scheduled this weekend that we hope you’ll check out:
Saturday, Nov. 7
Sunday, Nov. 8
What does continued vigilance look like? It’s easy; take these simple steps!
- Get tested regularly. The best way to detect the presence of COVID-19 in asymptomatic individuals is to test, test, test.
- Stay in Central New York. Don’t visit other college campuses or travel outside of this area.
- Do not host or attend parties or any unsafe gathering, on or off campus.
- Do not invite friends or family members to visit you. Let them know you’ll see them soon enough.
- Wear your mask—always!
- Monitor your health. Experiencing cold-like symptoms? Stay home and call the Barnes Center immediately.
Get Your Flu Shot!
Finally, I can’t stress this enough: Get your flu shot! Getting a flu shot helps keep you and those around you safe. It’s also required if you want to attend in-person classes, participate in on-campus activities and use any on-campus facilities.
Have a safe weekend. Enjoy the beautiful weather. Be safe. Stay healthy. We’re so close to the finish line.
Robert D. Hradsky, Ed.D.
Vice President for the Student Experience