Looking for a good book or two to round out your bookshelf this summer? We asked the University’s deans to share titles they were digging into this summer, and they did not disappoint. Shop Amazon, the Campus Store or your…
COVID-19 Testing Available This Weekend; Please Get Tested Before Going Home
As Vice Chancellor J. Michael Haynie reported a short time ago, COVID-19 cases have been rising on campus, in Onondaga County and across Central New York. As such, we are expanding our testing capacity to include testing hours this weekend to further enhance our public health preparedness and response. This testing will also support students who may choose to depart campus early. Important to know: You must undergo testing at least three days prior to your scheduled departure.
Here is everything you need to know:
- Time: Testing will be available on Saturday, Nov. 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 8, from noon to 4 p.m.; and Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Enter the stadium through Gate N, stay to the right and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you.
- Preparation: Do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site. If you are experiencing symptoms or suspect you have been exposed to the virus, do not go the stadium—instead contact the Barnes Center by phone at 315.443.8000.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
If you have any questions, please contact the COVID-19 Project Management Office at SUCOVID@syr.edu.
Syracuse University Public Health Team