The pedestrian pathway next to Gate C of the stadium is temporarily closed beginning today, due to detailing work being performed on the building’s corners. Pedestrians using the stairs from Irving Avenue will be detoured to the north and through…
More Information on Fall Semester Checkout, Zoom Sessions Scheduled
Dear Students and Families,
We are writing as a follow up to our Oct. 14 message regarding end-of-semester checkout procedures and to provide clarity about what is expected before students depart for winter break. Specifically:
- Students do not need to remove everything from their rooms before they depart campus.
- We are not asking that you “move out” in the same way you will at the conclusion of the spring semester when you depart for the summer.
- You do not need to ship extra belongings home.
- We will not remove belongings from student rooms over the winter break.
We are asking our students to take some precautions to safeguard their personal property and prepare their belongings to be returned to them in the unlikely event the University does not resume residential learning in spring 2021. As a University, we are taking this proactive step because we are learning from our past experiences. With that in mind, we have identified six actions that we are asking our students to take as they pack their rooms:
- Take all items of sentimental or significant value with you when you depart campus.
- Pack your loose belongings into the boxes provided for you, and then label the boxes. You do not need to do this all at once, it can be accomplished over the course of your last week or two on campus. Place the boxes on or near your bed before you leave.
- Large items, such as fans, furniture or wall hangings, do not need to be packed, but should be clearly labeled with your name.
- Items in suites and shared spaces should be labeled clearly with the name and address of the student they belong to. The goal should be to make clear which items belong to each resident.
- All perishable items must be thrown away before departure. If you have non-perishable food items you would like to donate, please consider a donation to the campus food pantry.
- You must turn in your key(s) before you leave. We will redistribute them to students during the check-in process in January 2021.
Due to public health precautions, individuals picking up their student for the winter break should remain outside the building with their vehicle. Students will bring their items of sentimental or significant value out of the building using the large moving bins provided by the University. If you need further assistance with your move-out process, please speak to your residence director or contact the Office of Student Living by calling 315.443.3893 or emailing email@example.com.
We recognize that many of you may have lingering questions. We will host two Zoom question and answer sessions for students and families this week. We urge you to attend one of them using these links:
Please refer to our frequently asked questions for the latest information. In addition, the Office of Student Living will distribute a detailed move-out checklist to each residence hall room or apartment within the next two weeks.
We thank you again for your patience and flexibility.
Director, Housing, Meal Plan and I.D. Card Services Office
Senior Director, Office of Student Living