Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff: In recent days, there has been a renewed and palpable sense of energy on our campus. Many of us are feeling optimistic for the future, especially as more and more members of our community…
Next Round of COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Begins Oct. 20
Beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 20, the Syracuse University Public Health Team will begin a third round of COVID-19 surveillance testing for all residential students. This next round of testing is part of the enhanced virus surveillance strategy that the University announced last month. All students—including those who live off campus—are required to participate in this important surveillance testing program. The round three testing schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Oct. 20; Wednesday, Oct. 21; Thursday, Oct. 22:
- Juniors, Seniors, Graduate and Law Students
Friday, Oct. 23, and Monday, Oct. 26:
- First-year Students and Sophomores
Tuesday, Oct. 27:
- Alternate testing day for all students (if you were unable to appear for testing on the dates assigned to you, please report on this day)
Important Testing Reminders
As you prepare to participate in testing, here are some important reminders about location, logistics and must-dos:
- Location: Access the testing site through Gate N, stay to the right upon entering the stadium and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Time: Testing will be available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you during your assigned day (as seen above).
- Preparing for a COVID-19 Test: Please do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to arrival at the stadium.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
Your participation in our ongoing testing has made a positive impact, and we appreciate your continued cooperation. Please continue to do your part in ensuring the health and safety of our campus and the Syracuse community.
If you have any questions, please contact the COVID-19 Project Management Office at SUCOVID@syr.edu.
J. Michael Haynie
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation