Purchasing Office Institutes Change to Streamline Invoice Processing
In an effort to streamline the procurement and payment process at the University, the Purchasing Office is instituting changes to the way the department handles payment of invoices.
Department business managers should now send invoices directly to the Disbursements Office instead of the Purchasing Office for remittance. Invoices should be signed to confirm receipt of all goods and then sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 640 Skytop Office Building, Suite 120.
The Disbursements Office offers the following guidance for business managers:
- If sending your invoice by email, send only one invoice per email. Use the subject line “Invoice – [Vendor name] [Invoice number].”
- The pdf attachment should contain all pages of the invoice, and should be labeled with the vendor name and invoice number.
- The body of the email must contain “Approval to pay” or the PDF attachment must be physically or electronically signed.
- If you have a K-order (standing purchase order), monitor available funds on the purchase order (PO). Insufficient funds will result in delayed payments to the vendor and could jeopardize future shipments or product delivery.
- In the event that your PO has insufficient funds remaining, please contact the purchasing staff member on your PO for assistance.
The Purchasing Office will soon reach out directly to business managers across campus to communicate further details and to University suppliers to alert them of the change. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.