Dear North Campus Residents: As a reminder, we continue to conduct twice-weekly testing for all on-campus students living in North Campus residence halls. We are writing to share this week’s testing schedule. All testing takes place at the Stadium Testing…
Schedule Your Flu Shot Today for Oct. 5
Dear Students and Families:
As shared in my message on Wednesday, the University is offering an easy way to get your required flu shot this season through our on-campus flu clinic at both the Stadium and Skybarn on South Campus. The flu clinic opens on Monday, Oct. 5, and will continue throughout the month; appointments are available Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Be one of the first students to get your flu shot and schedule your appointment today! The Patient Portal is now open to schedule an appointment for Monday, Oct. 5.
How to Schedule Your Flu Shot
- Log in to the Patient Portal with your SU NetID and password.
- Select “Appts” on the main menu.
- In the drop-down section:
- Under “Clinic,” select “Health Clinic”
- Under “Reason,” select “Flu Shot Appointment 2020”
- Under “Provider,” select the location for your appointment (Stadium or Skybarn)
- Select “Submit”
- Select your appointment date and time (no more than 48 hours in advance).
What to Do After You’ve Scheduled an Appointment
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet [PDF].
- Download, print and sign the flu vaccine consent form [PDF].
- Complete the daily health screening in the Patient Portal prior to arriving on campus. (If you are not cleared to come to campus, you should not attend the flu clinic.)
- Bring your pharmacy benefit card (prescription card) and health insurance card with you to your appointment.
- Once you arrive, check yourself in using the Patient Portal.
As a reminder, all students (including those who live on campus; those who live off campus and use on-campus facilities, such as the libraries or Barnes Center; and those studying remotely during fall 2020, but are returning in spring 2021) are required to get a flu vaccine. The only exceptions to this requirement are those with medical or religious exemptions and those who are studying remotely and will not access campus for the entire 2020-21 academic year.
Thank you for getting your flu shot and for continuing to keep yourself and all campus community members safe and healthy!
Dr. Karen Nardella
Medical Director, Barnes Center at The Arch