This October, the campus community is invited to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month. The University’s official kickoff is Monday, Oct. 3, in Schine Student Center 304 from 4 to 6 p.m. The LGBTQ Resource Center, along with students and campus partners,…
Women in Leadership Initiative Announces Women Leaders X—Stronger Together Virtual Convention Sponsorship
The Syracuse University Women in Leadership Initiative announces sponsorship for 100 Syracuse University women to attend the virtual Women Leaders X—Stronger Together Convention scheduled for Oct. 11–12, 2020. The convention is the annual event for Women Leaders in College Sports organization, whose mission is to develop, connect and advance women working in college sports and beyond.
Speakers at this year’s Women Leaders X Convention include Brené Brown, research professor from the University of Houston; Robin Roberts “Good Morning America” co-anchor; Carla Harris, Morgan Stanley vice chairman; and Muffet McGraw, University of Notre Dame Women’s Basketball head coach.
Following each keynote talk, Syracuse University will host Orange Breakout Rooms, featuring inspirational leaders who will facilitate conversations exclusively for Syracuse participants. The event schedule also includes panel sessions highlighting “Mom Truths from Working Moms,” “Racial Equity: Leading with Courage” and a talk with NCAA President Mark Emmert.
Registration also includes a one-year membership to Women Leaders in College Sports.
HOW TO REGISTER: Syracuse University women who work or research in and around sports, or aspire to learn more about opportunities in this field, are encouraged to register here. Registration will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
Steering Committee members for the Women in Leadership Initiative are:
- Maureen Casey, chief operating officer of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families;
- Sue Cornelius Edson, executive senior associate athletics director/communications;
- Elisa Dekaney, associate dean for research, graduate studies and internationalization and professor of music education;
- Alexandra Epsilanty, associate vice president for international advancement;
- Marie Garland, assistant provost for faculty affairs;
- Catherine Gerard, director of the Program for the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration and associate director of executive education programs in the Maxwell School;
- LaVonda Reed, associate provost for faculty affairs and professor of law;
- Dara J. Royer, senior vice president and chief marketing and communications officer;
- Michele Wheatly, special advisor to the Chancellor and professor of biology; and
- Candace Campbell Jackson, senior vice president and chief of staff to the Chancellor.