Student Living is excited to announce the launch of the Off-Campus Housing Search website. This newly available resource supports expediting the housing search process in addition to connecting Syracuse University students seeking roommates and subleasing opportunities. Exploring the Syracuse University…
Important Public Health Information for Day Hall Floor 8 Residents
Dear Residents of Day Hall Floor 8:
A short time ago, we were notified that students living on Day Hall Floor 8 have tested positive for COVID-19. In alignment with the University’s public health response protocol, and based on guidance from the Onondaga County Health Department, we are requiring all residents on Floor 8 to participate in COVID-19 testing immediately and begin quarantining until results are received.
As you are a resident of Day Hall Floor 8, we want to explain what this means for you, and the steps you should take to safeguard your health and the health of others.
- First, do not panic. Please head to the testing center located on the Kenneth A. Shaw Quad by Carnegie Library immediately. If you are not currently on campus, please return as soon as possible to visit the testing center no later than 4 p.m.
- Once you have been tested, please return to your room in Day Hall. We will begin conducting room checks at 4:30 p.m. and will continue to do so until all residents are present and in their rooms after having been tested.
- We will process the tests overnight and throughout the day tomorrow to identify any possible COVID-19 infection among the community of students residing on Day Hall Floor 8.
- While we await test results (likely 24-48 hours), all Day Hall Floor 8 residents will be required to quarantine in place. You should only leave Day Hall to participate in testing on the Quad; otherwise, remain in your rooms and do not travel to other floors of the building.
- The University will arrange for food service and other necessities as required. For this afternoon, a chicken tender lunch will be delivered to your floor in individual bags. Please only take one bag. If you have dietary restrictions or needs, please contact Graham Dining directly at 315.443.2421.
We will continue to communicate with you directly and often as we work through the process of tracking and isolating any possible infection within this community of students.
Syracuse University Public Health Team