Corinne Sartori recently joined SU Libraries as accessibility specialist. In this role, Sartori is the Libraries’ expert on testing, documenting and supporting procurement for hardware, software and content. Sartori is part of the Libraries Information Technology team and works with…
Public Health Alert: Important Information for Ernie Davis Hall Residents
Dear Residents of Ernie Davis Hall:
As you are aware, in response to the COVID-19 health emergency, Syracuse University has implemented a robust program of virus surveillance protocols on campus. One of those protocols is routine testing of the wastewater flowing from each on-campus residence hall.
We are writing today to inform you that based on our most recent wastewater testing of Ernie Davis Hall, the results indicate a possible instance of COVID-19 infection within the community of students residing in EDH.
As you are a resident of Ernie Davis Hall, we want to explain what this means for you, and the steps you should take to safeguard your health and the health of others.
1. First, do not panic. If you are away from the hall, please return to EDH and your room immediately. If you are already in your room, please stay there.
2. We will begin conducting room checks at 4:15 p.m. and will continue to do so until all residents are present and in their rooms.
3. The University is immediately sending a COVID-19 testing team to Ernie Davis Hall. That team will test all EDH residents and RAs today.
4. We will process the tests overnight and throughout the day tomorrow to identify any possible COVID-19 infection among the community of students residing in EDH.
5. While we await test results (likely 24-48 hours), all EDH residents will be required to quarantine in place. Remain in your rooms and do not travel to other floors of the building.
6. The University will arrange for food service and other necessities as required.
We will continue to communicate with you directly and often as we work through the process of tracking and isolating any possible infection within the community of students residing in EDH.
Syracuse University Public Health Team