Earlier this year, at the Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, New York, Alpha North Esports and Entertainment hosted the “Battle of the Colleges” esports tournament. Syracuse University’s Rocket League team competed in the tournament and had reached the third-place match….
‘Welcome Ambassadors’ to Share Important Public Health Information in the Off-campus Neighborhood
Beginning today through Sunday, Aug. 23, a team of welcome ambassadors from the Department of Public Safety Office of Emergency Management will be going door-to-door during the day, visiting our students in the off-campus neighborhoods. The ambassadors will share important health and safety information as provided by public health officials. Students will be able to identify these individuals by their blue polo shirt with the signature Syracuse “S,” Syracuse mask and name tag.
Ambassadors will provide important public health guidance about how students can protect themselves and others from COVID-19, the seasonal flu and other respiratory illnesses. They will be handing out pamphlets with these six important tips for staying healthy:
- Wear a mask or face covering while on campus, always!
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- If gathering with people outside of your residence, practice social distancing and limit gatherings to 25 people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Get a flu vaccine (provided by the University) when it becomes available.
- Feeling sick? Stay home and call the Barnes Center for directions.
The ambassadors look forward to engaging students in conversations about health, wellness and safety and are happy to answer any questions or guide students to resources, services and supports. For more information, visit Syracuse.com/fall2020.