Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud today announced the members of the Search Committee for the University’s new chief financial officer (CFO). The new CFO will report directly to the Chancellor and provide strategic leadership for critical finance and administrative functions….
Virtual Support Sessions to Provide Space for Processing Racism and Anti-Black Violence
Recent events have caused—and for our Black community members, resurfaced—feelings of pain, anger, sadness, frustration and exhaustion as we have witnessed more acts of police brutality and racial violence against Black individuals. As millions come together, nationally and across the globe, to denounce and dismantle institutionalized racism and demand action, we write to share opportunities for us to stand in solidarity with and provide support to our fellow community members, particularly our Black students.
The Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience, in partnership with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, will host virtual support sessions, providing Black students and allies a space to process what they are feeling, as well as support one another and discuss ways to be actively anti-racist. Sessions are offered Monday through Friday, beginning today and continuing through Thursday, July 2. Syracuse University faculty and staff will facilitate these sessions.
We also recognize these events can be triggering and may require additional support. We want to remind you the Barnes Center at The Arch remains available during the summer for phone or video-based counseling appointments Monday through Friday, as well as 24/7 support as needed, at 315.443.8000. Additional support is offered through the following offices:
- Office of the AVP for Student Engagement: 315.443.9153, email@example.com
- Barnes Center at The Arch: 315.443.8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for International Services: 315.443.2457, email@example.com
- Dean of Students Office: 315.443.4357, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Cultural Center: 315.443.0228, email@example.com
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion: 315.443.4110, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hendricks Chapel: 315.443.2901, email@example.com
- LGBT Resource Center: 315.443.3983, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Multicultural Affairs: 315.443.9676, email@example.com
No matter where you may be across the globe, please know we join you in this call for justice, we are committed to ending systems of oppression, and we are here to support you.
Vice President for the Student Experience
Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience