Over 100 students will present on a variety of topics—from research on shape memory polymer foams for hemorrhage control to water quality of an Adirondack lake and modern utility fashion design—during the Syracuse Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Engagement…
Extended Summer Health and Wellness Services
As Syracuse University continues to monitor, assess and respond to developments associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Barnes Center at The Arch has extended summer services and programs to increase student-centered health and wellness support.
Even when off campus, Syracuse University students experiencing a mental health crisis, seeking support for sexual assault or relationship violence, or needing medical consultation can receive free confidential services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 315.443.8000.
Please note, at this time in-person services are not available. Appointments are available over the phone and through Zoom.
- Individual Virtual Counseling: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Individual Virtual Psychiatry: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Virtual Group Therapy
- COVID-19 Grief/Loss Group: Tuesday, May 19, and May 26, from 1-2:30 p.m.
- Supporting Graduating Students Group: Wednesdays, May 20-June 24, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Grief and Loss Group: Tuesdays, May 26-June 16, 12:30-2 p.m. (in partnership with Hendricks Chapel)
Please note, at this time in-person services are available by appointment only. Virtual appointments are available over the phone and through Zoom.
- Health Care Phone Consultation: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Health Care Appointments (Drop-in closed.): Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Virtual Nutrition Appointments: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy Phone Consultation: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy In-person Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-noon, 1-3 p.m.
- Virtual Health Hubs: Every Wednesday, join the Peer Educators on Be Well SU’s Instagram Story, to participate in trivia, ask questions and earn points toward a prize!
- Virtual Pet Therapy Thursday: Hosted weekly via @BeWellSU, the campus community is encouraged to join the fun by sharing pets in a post and/or story using #CusePets and #BeWellSU.
- Virtual SoulTalk: Providing an opportunity to dive into life’s big questions, SoulTalk focuses on a different theme weekly. Summer topics include loneliness, self-love, resilience and forgiveness. Explore a complete list of topics on the Summer Virtual Workshop webpage.
- Virtual Wellness Leadership Institute Workshops: Available until Monday, Aug. 24, students are encouraged to explore the virtual summer series workshops. Workshops highlight a variety of health and wellness topics, such as stress management, alcohol safety and relationships.
- Sanvello Mobile App: At this time, Sanvello has extended free premium stress, anxiety and depression management services to the global community. Learn more about the app, resources and experience on the Sanvello webpage.
- Cuse Cruise Challenge: Earn your virtual race bib and mileage sticker by completing a variety of virtual runs! Starting with a 3K and building to a half marathon, the campus community is invited to learn more and participate through the “Movement Challenges” section of the Wellness Portal.
- Esports Virtual Tournaments: The Syracuse University and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) campus communities and their dependents are welcome to participate in the summer tournament. Registration ends Sunday, May 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Tournament highlights include FIFA 20, Fortnight, League of Legends and Rocket League. For a complete list of games, prizes and to register, please visit the “Virtual Esports” section of the Wellness Portal.
- Cuse Fit Chat: Through free personalized video meetings, Cuse Fit Chat connects students with Barnes Center personal trainers and resources to help meet wellness goals. Visit the Wellness Portal to learn more and to register.
- Movement Challenge: Until Monday, Aug. 24, 2020, from any location track steps, miles or minutes, complete challenges, help meet the campus community goal and win prizes! Learn more on the “Movement Challenges” section of the Wellness Portal.
- Live Group Fitness Videos: Throughout the summer, the campus community is welcome to join live virtual group fitness classes. Highlights include HIIT, Yoga Flow, Zumba and more. For a complete list of classes, schedules and instructions, please visit the “Group Fitness” section of the Wellness Portal.