Dear Students, Faculty and Staff: I had hoped my first communication with the campus community would be to share positive news. Sadly though, I am writing with the most difficult news to share—the passing of one of our students. We…
Financial Resources and Support Available to Students
Over the last few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has presented financial challenges for many in our Syracuse University community. We also recognize that for some the impact has been greater and may require additional support.
That is why we are reaching out today: To remind you of the many resources, services and assistance available to you as you navigate and address the pandemic’s impact on you and your family. For students and families facing financial hardship, the following resources are available:
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs: The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs is available to assist any student regarding issues of financial need. There are resources in place to assist with unexpected expenses related to COVID-19, such as shipping and storage; technology; medical or health care due to COVID-19; food insecurity; and housing.
- CARES Act: Through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, students who meet eligibility requirements can receive support.
- Details regarding eligibility, applying for funds and other related questions are available on the Office of Financial Aid emergency funding webpage.
- For those who do not meet the federal government’s eligibility guidelines, there is still support available. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid, and a counselor will connect with you to discuss additional options.
- Syracuse Responds Fund: Our Syracuse University community has come together to support our students facing unfortunate circumstances. Made possible through the generosity of alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends, the Syracuse Responds Fund benefits students who are struggling during this time. Grants from the Syracuse Responds Fund are administered through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Hendricks Chapel Student Opportunity Fund and Food Pantry: Through the generous support of donors, Hendricks Chapel is assisting students experiencing financial hardship. Mini-grants are available to meet a wide range of needs, including food, clothing, emergency travel, emergency health care and other non-academic expenses. Hendricks Chapel also operates a Food Pantry currently located in the Carriage House on South Campus. To inquire about these grants or the Food Pantry, contact Hendricks Chapel at email@example.com.
- Dean of Students Office: The Dean of Students Office can help you connect with resources you might need and plan a system of support. Call 315.443.4357 to set up a time that works with your schedule.
- Bursar’s Office: As a reminder, if you have questions about your student account, advance tuition deposit or billing statements, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 315.443.2444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We encourage you to reach out with any questions, concerns or individual issues. We will do everything we can to support you. As always, our thoughts are with all those impacted by this global health crisis.
Vice President for Enrollment Services
Vice President for the Student Experience