Greek life organizations have a long history of incorporating philanthropic work into their missions. That certainly was the case this March, when 13 sororities of the Panhellenic Council at Syracuse University banded together to raise more than $5,700 for people…
Libraries Adds New Resources for Spring 2020
Syracuse University Libraries has added the following new databases to its collections, which can be accessed using your net ID and password via library.syr.edu. These resources are part of the Libraries’ normal acquisitions process and are not related to the free temporary resources offered by some publishers this semester due to COVID-19.
- GEOBASE—A new module of Engineering Village; GEOBASE includes the latest information on Earth sciences, ecology, geology, human and physical geography, and environmental sciences
- Statista—Data from both public and private sources related to a wide range of subjects, including consumers, digital markets and companies; also includes forecasts, analysis, reports and more
Periodicals/Journals: Current Subscriptions
- The New York Times Digital Edition, 1851 to present—Sign up instructions are available on the Libraries’ New York Times guide
- The Wall Street Journal Digital Edition, past four years to present—Sign up instructions are available on the Libraries’ Wall Street Journal guide
- Sound Studies v. 1, 2015 to present—an interdisciplinary academic journal
Periodicals/Journals: Backfiles/Past Issues
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Journals pre-2006, activated on the ARC Aerospace Research platform
- International Peacekeeping, 1994-97—completes full coverage from Volume 1
- ACS eBooks (American Chemical Society)—frontlist (newly published) titles for 2020-22
For more information on collection development or to make suggestions, please contact Anne Rauh, interim head of collections and research services, at email@example.com.