Dear Students, Faculty, Staff and Families: Over the last several weeks, the University has provided a lot of information about return to campus, including related to move-in, testing, quarantining, campus life, etc. We recognize that all this information can be…
Graduate Dean’s Award Recipients Announced
Eight graduate students have been selected to receive the Graduate Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Work. Award recipients represent a broad array of disciplines and were selected based on students’ outstanding accomplishments in research and creative work, as well as the quality and impact of a proposed presentation.
A total of 80 submissions were reviewed within broad disciplinary subgroupings by a panel of faculty members serving on the Graduate Faculty Council. Award recipients and presentation titles are:
- Maranie Staab, “Displacement and the Geography of Belonging,” Newhouse School, Multimedia, Photography and Design
- Zeynep Özakat, “What Happens After,” College of Arts and Sciences, Creative Writing
- Martin Gonzalez, “horCHATa: Mexican-based Student Organization as a Counter-space in Higher Education,” School of Education, Cultural Foundations of Education
- Sara Swenson, “Compassion without Pity: Buddhist Cancer Charities in Vietnam,” College of Arts and Sciences, Religion
- David Schwegman, “Do Street-Level Bureaucrats Discriminate against Racial and Sexual Minorities? Evidence from a Correspondence Study of Property Assessors,” Maxwell School, Public Administration
- Lisa LaRowe, “A Measure of Expectancies for Alcohol Analgesia: Preliminary Factor Analysis, Reliability, and Validity,” College of Arts and Sciences, Clinical Psychology
- Elyse Kleist, “Identification and Characterization of Historical Pigments with Spectroscopic Techniques,” College of Arts and Sciences, Chemistry
- Plansky Hoang, “Engineered 3-Dimensional Cardiac Organoids for Developmental Toxicity Testing,” College of Engineering and Computer Science, Chemical Engineering
All winning entrants will receive $500 and an award certificate. The Tuesday, March 24, presentation event has been postponed, and awardees will present their works on a future date.